Talk about not feeling well
Here are important terms and expressions to know when you talk about not feeling well.
- bandage (noun): a cover to stop bleeding
- cut (noun): an opening in the skin from something sharp
- fix (verb): to make better again; to put pieces back together
- fall down (verb): drop to the ground, sometimes from a higher place
- hurt (verb): to have pain
- infection (noun): what happens when a cut is not clean
- pain (noun): the uncomfortable feeling that comes with illnesses or injuries.
If you are biking in your neighborhood, you might fall down from your bicycle. After hitting the sidewalk, you see a cut on your leg. Because it is small, you do not feel a lot of pain. The cut only hurts a little. When you return home, you put a bandage on to fix the cut. Because of this, you do not get an infection!