Replace the bolded words or expressions with another one we’ve learned this week. Not all words will be used. Listen to the recording to check your answers.
|brought on||courtesy||cure ||expired||gradually||interrupting|
- A: Tonight is such a nice ______ evening. Want to go for a walk?
B: Yes, please.
- A: You look sick. Are you okay?
B: Not really. I think I have a cold caused ______ by being around a lot of kids yesterday.
- A: Whew! This milks smell really bad. Taste it and tell me what you think.
B: No way! It ended ______ a week ago!
- A: Quit delaying ______ and let’s go!
B: Uh…ok. Just 10 more minutes. I have to uh… uh… wash my… cat.
- A: You go ahead and go out tonight with your friends. I’m staying home to relax ______ .
B: It’s okay. I can stay in, too. I’m a little tired myself.
- A: How was the trip to Hawaii?
B: Perfect! It was exactly the fix ______ I needed for the winter sadness I had.
- A: I am enjoying this movie!
B: I am too, but quit stopping ______ it to check your phone messages.
- A: Why didn’t you like that restaurant?
B: As a nicety ______, they should have offered us water when we sat down.
- A: It’s 6:30AM. Ready to exercise ______?
B: Now? No. Go away and let me sleep.
- A: Easy, buddy. You want to slowly ______ train your dog. She can’t learn
everything all at once.
B: Ok. I’ll try to be more patient with her.