Read the reading passage “When Life Gives You Lemons” and answer the questions below. Some of the questions will require you to make an inference.
1. Alex liked the saying, “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.” What does she mean by this? Why is this used in the title of the article? Is this statement positive or negative?
2. How much money did Alex’s first lemonade stand raise? Where did this money go?
3. Why did other people copy Alex’s lemonade stand idea?
4. Who started the foundation named Alex’s Lemonade Stand?
5. If you want more information about the foundation, what should you do?
6. Why do you think Alex was such a happy child, even though she had cancer?
*Click “Next >” at the bottom left of the page to check your answers