Intonation can indicate a speaker’s mood or emotions. Listen to the following sentences and repeat each one. When you repeat each sentence think about pronunciation and intonation.
Then listen to the sentences again and think about how the speaker is feeling.
- What did you do? feeling:
- So I grabbed my cellphone and crawled under the bed just in the nick of time. feeling:
- That’s outrageous! I can’t believe it! You’re not even safe in your own home?! feeling:
- Right after I got under the bed, someone came into my room! feeling :
- What happened? feeling:
- I’m not sure how I kept my cool, but I’m so lucky that I did. feeling:
- I wish I could get my hands on the guy and teach him a lesson! feeling:
- I thought I might freak out, but I managed to stay calm. feeling:
Click “NEXT” at the bottom left of the page to check your answers