Nouns and Adjectives
Some of the nouns from this unit have similar adjective forms, and some of the adjectives have similar nouns. Look at the list below. Use each pair of words in a sentence in the correct place.
- You don’t have to have ___________ flags all over your house to prove that you are a ___________.
- In order to make sure everyone is ___________ at work, we are going to have a special class on work ___________.
- It was not my ___________ to scare you; the clown in your apartment was ___________ to make you laugh, but I can understand why you were scared.
- The people that live in the ___________ houses are some of the best
___________ I’ve ever had.
- If a day is called a ___________ holiday, that means most people take the
day off all over the ___________.
- My sister is not very ___________; I said I was sorry for crashing her bike, but she still hasn’t given me ___________ for it.
*Click “Next >” at the bottom left of the page to check your answers