Unit 1 Simple Present Tense
Unit 2 Simple Past
Unit 3 Progressive Verb Tenses
UNIT 4 FUTURE - BE GOING TO & WILL
UNIT 5 - MODALS
UNIT 6 - MORE MODALS
1 of 3

3. Permission & Request Questions & Answers

A. Write if the person/people have or don’t have permission to do the action. Use can or can’t. If the answer is negative, give a reason why the person/people don’t have permission to do the action.

Example: Can they use the tools?

( – ) No, they can’t. It’s too dangerous.

1. Can I play video games? (+) _______________________________________________________________
  2. Can we borrow your notes? ( – ) _______________________________________________________________
  3. Can he use the computer? ( – ) _______________________________________________________________
  4. Can she have more cake? ( – ) _______________________________________________________________
  5. Can they use their cell-phones in class? ( – ) _______________________________________________________________

B. Write if the person/people will agree to do the action. Use can or can’t. If the answer is negative, give a reason why the person can’t do the action.

Example: Can you build furniture for me? ( – )

No, I can’t. I don’t know how to build furniture.

6. Can you take me to school today? ( – ) ___________________________________________________________________

7. Can you help me clean my house? ( – ) ___________________________________________________________________

8. Can you show me how to fix my car? (+) ___________________________________________________________________

9. Can you tell me how to get to the bank? (+) ___________________________________________________________________

10. Can you cook dinner for us tonight? __________________________________________________________________

Click on “Next >” on the bottom left to see the answers.